The former church has an east elevation fronting Iffley Road and a west elevation in Tabor Road. These two tree-lined roads in the area known as Brackenbury Village are to the north of Glenthorne Road and King Street in Hammersmith and just west of Hammersmith Grove. Hammersmith Broadway with its Piccadilly, District, Circle and Hammersmith & City Lines is 9 minutes walk to the south. The River Thames is also to the south and Westfield London Shopping Centre is to the north. The A4/M4 (access to the West End, Heathrow Airport and the M25) is also just to the south.
The property was constructed in 1882 before the rest of the street. Originally the church was named St John’s and was the sister church to St John’s The Evangelist in Glenthorne Road. It is arranged on the ground and lower ground floor with a mezzanine at either end. Since the 1970s it has been used as a studio for a scene painter. It has solid brickwork gables & elevations with concrete and render facades and a pitched, roof with rooflights. Internally the roof has timber trusses and steel ties. The property is Front of building standalone and does not have party walls.
The property is being completely refurbished and renovated to provide a contemporary, new working environment which will suit the creative, media or technology sectors. This building provides an opportunity to find an office to rent in Hammersmith.
- 935 - 6,932 ft2
(87 - 644 m2)
- To Let
- 55 per sq ft
- Service Charge
- £5.00 per sqft
- 2,745 ft2
- 2,960 ft2
- 1,227 ft2
- Mezzanines giving flexible, open-plan office/studio spaces
- Cycle store
- New showers, superloos & tea points
- New feature staircases
- New electrical installations with lighting & power outlets
- New gas fired heating
- New mechanical air supply & extraction system
- Slate-tiled roof